Effective management of products is a critical component of running a business, and it can become particularly challenging when dealing with hundreds of different products and variations. Fortunately, Stock&Buy provides a comprehensive solution for organizing and tracking your inventory to streamline product management.
In this help center article, we will guide you through the various features of the Products section in the Inventory module and provide an overview of the actions you can perform within this section.
There are several actions you can perform within this section. Here is the overview of them:
- Create new products
- Import products
- Edit products in bulk
- Perform sync operations (sync, publish, hide, unlink)
- Bulk edit product attributes (add/remove tags, set suppliers, set product types)
- Export your historic inventory
- Bulk delete and archive/unarchive products
All these actions help you manage your products and their variants and control the sync between Stock&Buy and your stores.
It’s very important to have the functionality to filter out certain types of products, a particular group, or a specific item, especially when you have dozens or hundreds of products. Stock&Buy offers several filtering options in the Products section of your Inventory.
The filtering options include the following:
- Filter by product tag – will list all your products with specific tags that you choose
- Filter by product type – will list all your products of a specific type that you choose
- Filter by brand – will list all your products of a specific brand that you choose
- Filter by supplier – will list all products with a supplier that you choose
- Show archived products – You can turn this on to see your archived products.
- Generic search – you can search specific products by SKU, name, or barcode
Once you have filtered your products using one or several of the filters above, you might want to come back to the same filters without the need to perform all the actions again. To do that, you can save views in Stock&Buy. The steps are simple:
- Go to Filters
- Select all the filters
- Click on Apply filters
- Once you have your filters applied, click on Save view
- In the window that opens, choose a name for a new tab and click on Save view
Now that you have saved your filters, you will see a new tab next to Filters. You can always click on it, and the filters you used will apply automatically.
Creating new products
When you create products in your store, Stock&Buy will sync the product according to the integration settings that you have in your account. However, you may want to add a product in Stock&Buy that is not part of your channel, or maybe you manage your products in the system. There are several types of products you can add within Stock&Buy so that the structure works best for your needs. Below are the types of products that you can create within Stock&Buy. For a detailed guide, click on the product type and follow the link.
Stock&Buy offers two ways of importing products in bulk. You can import your products from connected sale channels such as Shopify, or you can import your products using a CSV file.
Importing products from Shopify
This process is very straightforward and will require only a few steps:
- Login to your account and click on Inventory
- From the inventory page, click on the Products section
- Click on the 3 dots symbol () at the top right corner of the page
- Click on Import Products and choose Import products from your Shopify store
- Choose a store you would like to import products from and click on Import my products
Editing products in bulk
You can bulk edit your products in Stock&Buy in two ways. You use the built-in table editor to make changes to your products, and you can edit products using a CSV file. This guide covers how to perform bulk editing in Stock&Buy.
Perform sync operations
Stock&Buy offers bulk operations for controlling your listings in sales channels such as Shopify. The Product section allows you to bulk sync, publish, hide, and unlink your products. This article explains each of the functions and how to use them.
Bulk edit product attributes
To manage your products effectively, it is essential to use tags and product types, as well as have your suppliers linked to products. The Product section allows you to add/remove product tags and set suppliers and product types in bulk. The screenshot below describes where to find these actions.
Sotck&Buy takes snapshots of your inventory for each location every day. You can export your inventory for a particular date and location. This article shows how to perform the export.
Bulk delete and archive/unarchive products
Products can be archived/unarchived and deleted in bulk within the Products section. This article contains detailed information about archiving and unarchiving products.
Deleting products in bulk
- From your Stock&Buy account, click on Inventory and then Products
- Select the products you would like to delete
- Under Bulk Actions, click on Delete products
- Choose whether you want to also delete the selected products from your online sale channels such as Shopify.
- Click Delete
- The selected products will be deleted in the background. The final results will be posted to your activity feed.