Stock&Buy has native support for multiple locations and also allows you to have different units of measure and to buy and sell an item in more than one unit of measure.
This section of your account settings displays your warehouses data, units of measure and also allows you to add/delete your locations and custom units of measure.
This article will guide you through some of the functionality available in this section.
Adding a Warehouse
If you have more than one stock location, then you need to add your warehouses to Stock&Buy. It can be done within this section or in Shopify integration settings if you have one. To learn more about Shopify locations in Stock&Buy, please refer to this article.
To add a warehouse, follow these simple steps:
- Go down to the Warehouses section of your Inventory & Warehouses settings
- Click on Add a Warehouse
- Provide the necessary information, such as Location name and Location address details
- Click Save & Close
Once you are done creating your warehouse(s), they will appear for every product as a location that can hold stock. You will also see all your locations in the Warehouses section on this page.
Units of measure
It’s important to have access to different units of measure in an inventory management system. Stock&Buy offers this functionality along with custom units of measure that you can define yourself.
If your business requires units of measure, you can enable that within this section. Here’s how to do that:
- In your Stock&Buy account, go to Account Settings
- Locate the Inventory & Warehouses tile and click on it
- In the Inventory Settings, turn on the toggle switch for Units of Measure
- Click on Save in the top-right corner of the page
This will enable all standard units of measure for your account. Standard units of measure include the following:
Once enabled, a dropdown of measurements and units will be visible in :
- Each product variant details
- Purchase order screen
As stated above, unit measurements allow you to stock your products in one unit and purchase your goods in a different unit.
Custom units of measure
Custom unit measurements allow you to extend the default unit system described above. This feature enables tracking of inventory in units such as dozens, cases, pallets, spools…
For example, a business selling cotton cord can store their products in Centimeters and purchase their goods in spools of 1KM.
To define a custom unit:
- Click on Add Custom Unit
- Type in the custom unit name, for example, Spool
- Enter the base unit, for example, Kilometer (spools measured in Kilometers)
- Specify the quantity, for example, 1 (1 spool measures 1 kilometer)
- Click Close
- Click Save at the top of the page