This article covers inventory management across multiple locations within Stock&Buy.
By default, Stock&Buy manages inventory from one single pool. While single location based inventory management fits most businesses, it quickly becomes indispensable when you scale out.
To track and allocate inventory across multiple pools of stock, add inventory locations:
Add Inventory locations
Follow the steps below to add new locations to your account:
- Go to your Account settings
- Under the locations are located under the Organization tab
- Click Add location
- Specify whether the location will hold inventory or not (this settings can not be changed after a location is created)
- Click Save and Close
This operation might take a few moments as the system will create location bins for all inventory items.
Delete Inventory Locations
To delete an inventory location:
- Go to your Account settings page
- Under the Organization settings, click on the Trash bin icon of the location you would like to delete
- Choose where to transfer the existing stock in the location to delete
- Click on Delete
Deleting a location automatically transfers all of its inventory to a different location of your choice.
The system will automatically execute the following actions when a location is deleted:
- Transfers inventory from the location to delete to a different location (the one selected in the Delete location dialog)
- If the deleted location is mapped to a sale channel (such as Shopify) then the mapping is changed to use a different location (the one selected in the Delete location dialog)
- All orders (sales and purchases) and adjustments pointing to the location to deleted will be remapped to a different location (the one selected in the Delete location dialog)
We highly recommend you look at your inventory on hand at the location to delete prior to performing the delete operation. This will give you an idea of what your stock levels will be after the location is deleted.
Inventory transfers across locations
Please refer to this help article to know more about transferring inventory from one location to another.